- The Sponsorship & Exhibit Sales Manager is responsible for raising money through the sale of sponsorship packages for conferences by targeting various companies, organizations and associations.
- The Manager creates sponsorship and exhibitor packages according to client specification.
- The Manager attends weekly company meetings, sales update meetings and conference planning meetings as required.
- Utilize telephone solicitation, electronic and written correspondence and face-to-face meetings as tools in order to reach and exceed the budgeted sponsorship target for each conference.
- Research and develop a list of potential sponsors for each conference.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential sponsorship clients and exhibitors.
- Visiting clients and potential clients when necessary.
- Keep precise records of conversations with all clients, sponsors and exhibitors.
- Update the company & maximizes database as required.
- Coordinate various services for clients.
- Assist in preparing promotional material to advertise sales opportunities.
- Maintain knowledge of conference timelines and sponsorship deadlines.
- Attend various industry and trade events.
- Compile and analyze competing events.
- Support onsite execution of the event.
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal and personal presentation.
- Knowledge of trade shows, events, and conferences and/or sponsorship sales is a must.
- Demonstrate skills with the ability to sell to decision makers and maintain relationships.
- Fast creative thinker.
- A self-starter with a high level of initiative and attention to detail is required.
- Strong interpersonal and customer oral, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business materials, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure.